Paideia Fellowship Homeschool Academy is a fellowship of teachers, students, and families committed to pursuing the good, true, and beautiful through the liberating classical arts. PFHA-Online provides classes for students in 7th-12th grades + ongoing training and support for teachers and parents. PFHA values developing teachers, and we do this through our mentoring and internship program. Being a teacher or intern at PFHA gives you access to this mentorship program and the opportunity to deeply master the art of classical teaching while supporting families and teaching students well.
PFHA Teachers and interns have come from many backgrounds, including classroom teachers, homeschooling parents, and college students. PFHA teachers have a passion for learning and the classics, have experienced the healing power of a liberal arts education, gravitate towards an inclusive and ecumenical approach to the classical liberal arts, and hold a generous and high view of their fellow humans. PFHA Teachers have a passion for being a guide to others, are teachable, and are committed to their personal growth as classical teachers.
PFHA Teachers are responsible for preparing each class time using the PFHA forms and philosophy of education. PFHA forms include completing the class syllabus and lesson plans, teaching the class using the classical modes of teaching, assessing student work, communicating with students and parents, and providing end-of-term assessments. Teachers and interns are given training and support throughout the entire year.
Intern/Teacher Positions Currently Available
Assistant High School Teacher (Online)
- Responsible for supporting the lead teacher in teaching literature, history, logic/philosophy, rhetoric/writing, oratory, and study skills. You can find general teaching responsibilities on the last page of the mentor application.
Assistant Middle School Teacher (Online)
- Responsible for supporting the lead teacher in teaching literature, history, informal logic, writing, oratory, and study skills. You can find general mentor responsibilities on the last page of the mentor application.
Steps to Becoming a Paideia Fellowship Teacher/Intern:
- Determine if this is a possible fit for you as a teacher. Read through our program information as well as our core values.
2. Print off and complete the application (Application Download). Email a scanned and completed copy to [email protected].
3. If selected, Interview via Video Conference with Program Director and lead teacher. We will reach out to you to schedule an interview.
4. If hired, Complete PFHA teacher training in July.
Note: We value and respect the role of mentor and intern. We want to set each mentor up for success and help them cultivate an atmosphere where they cultivate wisdom and virtue in their students without getting burned out or feeling unappreciated. Therefore, PFHA Teachers earn 80% of the total tuition price for each student enrolled in their class. The other 20% goes towards administrative fees, the program director, resources, curriculum, and training and development. PFHA teachers and interns are not employees; they are independent contractors. PFHA mentors are responsible for doing all their record keeping and taxes. Mentors and interns will receive a 1099 form.