How to Teach The Lord of the Rings – At Your Own Pace
Usher Students into the Practice of Attentive Reading Through the Transformative World of Middle Earth!
At Your Own Pace Mini-Course | Lifetime Access to Lectures, Handouts, & Resources
- Three 1.5-Hour Recorded Lectures
- Lifetime Access to Recordings, Handouts, and Resources
- Session 1: The Role of Student and Teacher in Reading Attentively + An Intro to Tolkien, Fantasy, Fairie, and The Lord of the Rings
- Session 2: A Guided Tour through the World, Characters, Episodes, Questions, and Motifs of The Lord of the Rings
- Session 3: Teacher Prep, Routine, and Reflection + the Student’s Routine
- Course Workbook
- Slideshow Presentation for each Lecture
- Suggested Scheduling Handouts
- Teaching Guides for the Introduction to the Lord of the Rings and Each Book
- Student Handouts
- Teacher Planning Handouts
What People Are Saying
“This class was excellent! I am so excited to use the materials this fall. And, while it was obviously geared towards the Lord of the Rings, I gained so much insight into becoming a better classical teacher and will use the ideas in this course with any novel in the future.” – Laura E.
Read more Below!